Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes (+ 15 minutes standing time)
Makes: 6 servings
2 tbsp (30 mL) finely ground Melitta 100% Colombian Whole Beans
1 tbsp (15 mL) chili powder
1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
1 tbsp (15 mL) each salt and pepper
1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
1/2 tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp (2 mL) smoked paprika
1 boneless pork shoulder (about 3 lb/1.4 kg)
3/4 cup (175 mL) barbecue sauce
12 slider buns
- Stir together ground coffee, chili powder, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne and smoked paprika.
- Rub the spice mix all over pork. Place pork in slow cooker; pour 1 cup (250 mL) water over top.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or High for 4 to 6 hours or until pork is tender. Transfer pork to cutting board. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Shred pork using two forks. Return to slow cooker and toss with cooking liquid. Set on warm to serve.
- Assemble pork and drizzle of barbecue sauce in buns.
- Add coleslaw or pickles to sliders if desired.
- Alternatively, serve in regular-size buns or as a filling for tacos or burritos.