Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes (+ 8 hours chilling time)
Makes: 2 cups
4 cups (1 L) 35% whipping cream
3/4 cup (175 mL) coarsely ground Melitta 100% Colombian Whole Beans
1/4 cup (60 mL) molasses
2 tbsp (30 mL) cocoa powder
2 tbsp (30 mL) coconut sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) sea salt
- Whisk together cream, ground coffee, molasses, cocoa powder, coconut sugar and salt. Pour into small saucepot; cook over medium-low heat for 1 to 2 hours or until reduced by half.
- Strain through fine-mesh sieve; discard solids.
- Transfer to sealable container. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or for up to 1 week.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon or a dash of vanilla if desired.
- Spread butter over toast, or serve with pancakes and/or French toast.